RFC: LogTouchedMethods

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 08:01:43 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am looking at some Zero failures in runtime/CommandLine/PrintTouchedMethods.java, and now I wonder
if the whole LogTouchedMethod machinery is needed. As far as I can grasp from the JIRA, it was added
here:

...to cater for CDS use cases. But then I see the actual CDS improvement that is supposed to use
that machinery is not there, and it is actually "Won't Fix"-ed:

So, are we still doing that CDS improvement in future? Otherwise, should we consider removing
LogTouchedMethods machinery to avoid additional maintenance burden?

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey