RFR: 8253794: TestAbortVMOnSafepointTimeout never timeouts [v2]

Robbin Ehn rehn at openjdk.java.net
Mon Oct 5 12:38:41 UTC 2020

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 10:55:08 GMT, Martin Doerr <mdoerr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Robbin Ehn has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Update with input from reviews
>
> test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/Safepoint/TestAbortVMOnSafepointTimeout.java line 97:
>

> Can we check for another frame like e.g. WB_WaitUnsafe? AbortVMOnSafepointTimeout is designed to provide a stack trace
> of the thread which is blocking the safepoint.

Since top frame is always different (platform dependent, e.g. clock_nanosleep) I removed that.
But "sun.hotspot.WhiteBox.waitUnsafe" or "TestAbortVMOnSafepointTimeout$Test.main" should be below, we could use
something like that.

So sure I'll add it back with "TestAbortVMOnSafepointTimeout$Test.main".