RFR: 8253909: Implement detailed map file for CDS [v3]

Ioi Lam iklam at openjdk.java.net
Wed Oct 7 17:59:22 UTC 2020

> For analyzing the contents of a CDS archive, we need a "map file" that describes the archive in different levels of
> detail. This can be done using unified logging. E.g.,
> java -Xshare:dump -Xlog:cds+map=trace:file=cds.map:none:filesize=0
>
> For example, we can use the map file for troubleshooting [JDK-8253495](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253495)
> (runtime/cds/DeterministicDump.java broken). We can diff two different cds.map files to see where the non-deterministic
> contents come from.
> See attachments in [JDK-8253909](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253909) for example map files at the
> info/debug/trace levels.

Ioi Lam has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes
the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains four additional commits since the last
revision:

 - Merge branch 'master' into 8253909-cds-map-file
 - Calvin's comments
 - Feedback from Thomas Stuefe
 - 8253909: Implement detailed map file for CDS

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/474/files/5dc43c70..dc2d346e

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=474&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=474&range=01-02

  Stats: 19722 lines in 442 files changed: 9447 ins; 6388 del; 3887 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/474/head:pull/474