RFR: 8254799: runtime/ErrorHandling/TestHeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError.java fails with release VMs [v2]

Thomas Stuefe stuefe at openjdk.java.net
Thu Oct 15 05:14:13 UTC 2020

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 03:25:21 GMT, Jie Fu <jiefu at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> runtime/ErrorHandling/TestHeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError.java and
>> runtime/ErrorHandling/TestHeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryErrorInMetaspace.java fail with release VMs due to VerifyDependencies is
>> develop and is available only in debug version of VM.
>> -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions is added to fix it.
>
> Jie Fu has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Remove -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions

Sorry for the trouble my change caused. :(

It would have been fine also to just run this test on debug only, or even just to remove the option; the speedup that
the reduced MaxMetaspaceSize brought would have been enough.

Thanks a lot for fixing this.

I wondered how it got past gatekeeper tests but I see now that it was excluded from tier1, probably exactly because the
slow runtime.