Why do we export "JVM_handle_xxx_signal"?

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Fri Oct 30 06:12:34 UTC 2020

I have no idea, but this symbol has been exported since we moved the
HotSpot source code from SCCS to Mercurial in 2008. It's probably
vestige from the early days of Java.

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/modules/hotspot/annotate/9646293b9637/make/linux/makefiles/mapfile-vers-product#l244

I checked all .so files in our JDK build and no one uses
JVM_handle_linux_signal. I think it's probably safe to hide it. We
should probably drop the JVM_ prefix, since this function is not
declared in jvm.h.

Thanks
- Ioi