RFR 8250984: Memory Docker tests fail on some Linux kernels w/o swap limit capabilities

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 19:55:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Tue, 2020-09-01 at 11:31 -0400, Harold Seigel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review this fix to enable docker tests TestMemoryAwareness.java
> and TestDockerMemoryMetrics.java to run on Linux kernels configured
> without swap limit capabilities.
>
> Open Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8250984.dkr/webrev/index.html

Can we be sure that the message is the same for docker and podman for
example? The message seems docker specific[1].

I'll try to test this on a podman system with swap turned off.

Thanks,
Severin

[1] https://github.com/moby/moby/blob/5fc12449d830ae9005138fb3d3782728fa8d137a/daemon/daemon_unix.go#L368