RFR: 8244778: Archive full module graph in CDS

Lois Foltan github.com+66382410+lfoltan at openjdk.java.net
Wed Sep 9 18:49:12 UTC 2020

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:59:33 GMT, Ioi Lam <iklam at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is the same patch as
> [8244778-archive-full-module-graph.v03](http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/jdk16/8244778-archive-full-module-graph.v03/)
> published in
> [hotspot-runtime-dev at openjdk.java.net](https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-runtime-dev/2020-August/041496.html).
> The rest of the review will continue on GitHub. I will add new commits to respond to comments to the above e-mail.

Thanks Ioi for addressing my review comments.   Overall, looks great!

src/hotspot/share/classfile/moduleEntry.cpp line 419:

> 417: }
> 418:
> 419: GrowableArray<ModuleEntry*>* ModuleEntry::restore_growable_array(Array<ModuleEntry*>* archived_array) {

Thanks for renaming these methods

src/hotspot/share/oops/instanceKlass.cpp line 2550:

> 2548:   // clear _nest_host to ensure re-load at runtime
> 2549:   _nest_host = NULL;
> 2550:   _package_entry = NULL; // TODO -- point it to the archived PackageEntry (JDK-8249262)

Would you consider removing this comment?  I tend not to like TODO comments since sometimes the open enhancement
remains unaddressed.