RFR: 8247281: migrate ObjectMonitor::_object to OopStorage [v2]

Daniel D.Daugherty dcubed at openjdk.java.net
Fri Sep 11 21:45:08 UTC 2020

> This RFE is to migrate the following field to OopStorage:
>
> class ObjectMonitor {
> <snip>
>   void* volatile _object; // backward object pointer - strong root
>
> Unlike the previous patches in this series, there are a lot of collateral
> changes so this is not a trivial review. Sorry for the tedious parts of
> the review. Since Erik and I are both contributors to this patch, we
> would like at least 1 GC team reviewer and 1 Runtime team reviewer.
>
> This changeset was tested with Mach5 Tier[1-3],4,5,6,7,8 testing
> along with JDK-8252980 and JDK-8252981. I also ran it through my
> inflation stress kit for 48 hours on my Linux-X64 machine.

Daniel D. Daugherty has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  coleenp CR - changes to resolve Coleen's comments.

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/135/files/150a398b..750fe771

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=135&range=01