RFR: 8253241: Update comment on java_suspend_self_with_safepoint_check()

Richard Reingruber rrich at openjdk.java.net
Sat Sep 19 21:21:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 21:49:46 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcubed at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The updated wording in the comment looks good to me.

Thanks for looking over it.

> I still get a headache when thinking about the associated
> suspend/resume races, but that's my problem and not yours.

I'd think the suspend/resume implementation could be simplified if the suspender would always direct handshake the
suspendee. JavaThread::is_ext_suspend_completed() could be removed then. Likewise the suspend equivalent optimization.
And I would not expect an impact on performance by doing it.