RFR: 8253397: Ensure LogTag types are sorted [v2]

Claes Redestad redestad at openjdk.java.net
Thu Sep 24 09:03:31 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:11:26 GMT, Thomas Schatzl <tschatzl at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> @cl4es  Please do not force push updates to a PR. There is no way for reviewers to see what, if anything, differs
>> between the final commit and the commit that they reviewed. If you want to merge with mainline/master then just merge
>> and push the new commit to your personal fork. The commits will be flattened as part of the actual integration. Thanks.
>
> @dholmes-ora: fwiw, there is: click on the actual commit link (e.g.
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/274/commits/19d37e729150dc330efbd494ef4e3a08b3017886 in this case where it says "
> cl4es added 2 commits 4 days ago ") and you'll get a diff in github. There is an enhancement/bug open on skara for
> better support of diffs for force pushes.

@dholmes-ora once I ended up in a state where force-push seemed like the only option it was too late. I assure you
there were no changes from the reviewed changeset, and since there were no inline comments little I figured little was
lost.

I believe a `git rebase` was the cause of this, and will use `git merge` in my workflow instead. I got into the habit
of continually rebasing rather than merging in mercurial in order to avoid merge commits, but here those will be
squashed anyhow. I will refrain from rebasing after opening a PR from now on.