RFR: 8251158: Implementation of JEP 387: Elastic Metaspace [v2]

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:04:36 UTC 2020

Hi Leo,

> I just have a few cosmetic comments. Otherwise it looks good to me.
>
> If you sort by ASCII order, I get a few unordered includes:
> ("." < "/" < "a-z,A-Z")

I prefer that order too, but unless I misunderstood one of your
earlier mails you preferred the reverse:

<quote>
Also, some of the includes could change order, I prefer the directory
metaspace
being ordered before header names starting with metaspace.
</quote>

which would mean "/" < ".", eg:

#include "memory/metaspace/chunkManager.hpp"
#include "memory/metaspace.hpp"
#include "memory/metaspaceShared.hpp"

I wrote myself a little python script to autofix the include sections of
source files. It uses plain python sort, which uses ascii sort. So above
section would be rewritten as:

#include "memory/metaspace.hpp"
#include "memory/metaspace/chunkManager.hpp"
#include "memory/metaspaceShared.hpp"

If that is fine by you, I'll use this technique.

Cheers, Thomas