RFR: 8253694: Remove Thread::muxAcquire() from ThreadCrashProtection()

Patricio Chilano Mateo pchilanomate at openjdk.java.net
Mon Sep 28 14:24:29 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Please review the following patch. Current ThreadCrashProtection() implementation uses static members which requires
the use of Thread::muxAcquire() to allow only one user at a time. We can avoid this synchronization requirement if each
thread has its own ThreadCrashProtection *data. I tested it builds on Linux, macOS and Windows. Since the
JfrThreadSampler is the only one using this I run all the tests from test/jdk/jdk/jfr/. I also run some tests with JFR
enabled while forcing a crash in OSThreadSampler::protected_task() and tests passed with several "Thread method sampler
crashed" UL output. Also run tiers1-3.

Thanks,
Patricio

Commit messages:
 - v1

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=376&range=00
  Stats: 115 lines in 13 files changed: 36 ins; 58 del; 21 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/376/head:pull/376