RFR: 8264482: container info misleads on non-container environment [v2]

Yasumasa Suenaga ysuenaga at openjdk.java.net
Tue Apr 6 02:31:24 UTC 2021

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 01:38:50 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes at openjdk.org> wrote:

> If there is an issue with reporting this stuff when not actually in a container then the fault lies in is_containerized() IMHO.

To resolve this problem, I think [JDK-8261242](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8261242) is filed. But the discussion does not seem to active...  it might take a lot of time to fix because there might not be clear solution to detect the process runs on the container.

As I said in before, I want to remove "container" from log output because it makes to mislead. Especially next JDK release is LTS, so the code will use a long time.
As an option, we can move logging code into `CgroupSubsystem`, but it might not be better...