RFR: 8272447: Remove 'native' ranked Mutex

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Mon Aug 16 12:16:29 UTC 2021

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 04:26:55 GMT, Kim Barrett <kbarrett at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/hotspot/share/runtime/mutexLocker.cpp line 338:
>>
>>> 336:   def(ThreadsSMRDelete_lock        , PaddedMonitor, special,     true,  _safepoint_check_never);
>>> 337:   def(ThreadIdTableCreate_lock     , PaddedMutex  , leaf,        false, _safepoint_check_always);

I stand corrected - thanks @kimbarrett  - but my question remains valid. If this was considered outside the ranking system then it was presumably because a suitable rank could not be determined, so what rules are now being used to determine this new rank?