RFR: 8272447: Remove 'native' ranked Mutex

Coleen Phillimore coleenp at openjdk.java.net
Thu Aug 19 14:27:27 UTC 2021

@tstuefe  can probably answer why he picked native.  I assume it was due to availability and that it was a test. I don't think we want tests to be out of the mutex ranking system and deadlock either.  'leaf' didn't deadlock as the other metaspace locks are no-safepoint locks and below leaf.

> test/hotspot/gtest/runtime/test_mutex.cpp line 132:
>
>> 130:
>> 131: TEST_VM_ASSERT_MSG(MutexRank, mutex_lock_access_leaf,
>> 132:                    ".* Attempting to acquire lock mutex_rank_leaf/.. out of order with lock mutex_rank_access/1 "
>
> I assume the .. should be .* to be a wildcard match?

Yes, thanks, it should be.