RFR: 8271186: Add UL option to replace newline char [v4]

Yasumasa Suenaga ysuenaga at openjdk.java.net
Wed Aug 25 05:49:24 UTC 2021

On Wed, 25 Aug 2021 03:47:47 GMT, Ioi Lam <iklam at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I don't think your current implementation has the right abstraction

Agree, I think we can (should) improve more. Its improvement is not for `LogSocketStream` but also for `LogStd{out,err}Output`.
As we discussed in CSR about stdout/err, we will work for them in next step. But they extend `LogFileStreamOutput` directly. So I want to refactor it before next step.

Anyway I moved `foldmultiline` handling into `LogFileOutput` in new commit.