RFR: 8272480: Remove Mutex::access rank [v3]

Coleen Phillimore coleenp at openjdk.java.net
Thu Aug 26 20:08:51 UTC 2021

> This change removes the 'access' rank since the last oop access lock has been removed (Shared_DirtyCardQ_lock).  It might make sense to have a very low level access lock for oops but it should be added along with locks that might be introduced at that time, so that the rank is in the right place.
> With this I moved tty back down in the rank hierarchy and added stackwatermark ranks.  The latter is above tty, not below, and other locks like Service_lock are taken while holding the stackwatermark lock.  There's one tty-1 ranked lock that is actually taken while the tty lock is held.
> I moved MonitorDeflation_lock back to special rank because its low level was just copied from Service_lock, but that's not needed.
> With this I removed most of the out-of-date comment above the rank enum.  New comment to follow in future RFE.
> Tested with tier1-6.

Coleen Phillimore has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Fix test.

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/5256/files/325a4624..f1bd24f9

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5256&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=5256&range=01-02

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/5256/head:pull/5256