RFR: 8263054: [testbug] SharedArchiveConsistency.java reuses jsa files

Ioi Lam iklam at openjdk.java.net
Fri Mar 5 02:44:01 UTC 2021

SharedArchiveConsistency.java runs a child process with a JSA file. Then, it modifies the JSA file, and then reuses this same JSA file to run another child process.

However, on Windows, after first child process has exited, some sort of file lock is still held on the JSA file, so when we try to modify the JSA file for the second process, sometimes we get the "The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open" error.

The fix is to always create a new JSA file for every new test case, and never modify/reuse the JSA files. (We have been following this rule for other CDS tests).

Commit messages:
 - 8263054: [testbug] SharedArchiveConsistency.java reuses jsa files

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2839&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/2839/head:pull/2839