RFR: 8256732: Zero: broken +ZeroTLAB exposes badly initialized memory

Aleksey Shipilev shade at openjdk.java.net
Fri Mar 5 16:05:05 UTC 2021

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 01:40:37 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes at openjdk.org> wrote:

> If ZeroTLAB is not actually zeroing all memory returned via TLAB then something seems far more broken than just Zero!

I think I figured it out: Zero picks the short stick with space mangling. The rest of Hotspot code does not call that method directly, and instead goes through various `MemoryAllocator` classes (which I am not sure we can touch without the VM transition). So, I fixed this by allowing debug builds to initialize object field block again.