RFR: 8263191: Consolidate ThreadInVMfromJavaNoAsyncException and ThreadBlockInVMWithDeadlockCheck with existing wrappers [v2]

Patricio Chilano Mateo pchilanomate at openjdk.java.net
Tue Mar 9 20:32:18 UTC 2021

> Hi,
>
> Please review the following small patch. ThreadInVMfromJavaNoAsyncException is exactly the same as ThreadInVMfromJava except that in the destructor we avoid checking for asynchronous exceptions. Similarly ThreadBlockInVMWithDeadlockCheck is equal to ThreadBlockInVM except that in the destructor we might need to release a Mutex in case we need to stop for a safepoint or handshake.
> We can consolidate these two wrappers with the existing ones to avoid code duplication and minimize the number of transition wrappers.
>
> Tested in mach5 tiers 1-3.
>
> Thanks,
> Patricio

Patricio Chilano Mateo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  add asserts for thread state + check_asyncs name

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/2880/files/e99ca599..865f2d6e

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2880&range=01