RFR: 8262454: Handshake timeout improvements, single target, kill unfinished thread [v2]

Robbin Ehn rehn at openjdk.java.net
Wed Mar 10 08:59:31 UTC 2021

> When executing a single target handshake we do not have a timeout.
> When we timeout we should crash the thread with the non-completed handshake operation.
>
> VM_Handshake only had one implementer so I remove it.
>
> Passes t1-5.

Robbin Ehn has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains five additional commits since the last revision:

 - Fixed cr year
 - Merge branch 'master' into 8262454-hs-timeout-st
 - Use WB waitUnsafe to trigger timeout
 - Merge branch 'master' into 8262454-hs-timeout-st
 - Fixed timeout

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/2743/files/64fc6b80..2ab7ce85

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2743&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2743&range=00-01

  Stats: 4800 lines in 173 files changed: 1727 ins; 2294 del; 779 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/2743/head:pull/2743