RFR: 8263460: DynamicArchiveRelocationTest.java fails in product VM

Thomas Stuefe stuefe at openjdk.java.net
Fri Mar 12 07:49:06 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 19:03:21 GMT, Ioi Lam <iklam at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please review this test bug.
>
> The handling of -XX:ArchiveRelocationMode=1 is different between fastdebug and product builds:
>
> - fastdebug: (to improve test coverage) -- we always map at the default location, then unmap, and then map again at a random location.
> - product: (for faster performance) -- don't attempt to map at the default location. Just map at random location
>
> Therefore, the "unmap" messages are not available in product mode.
>
> I added comments to explain what output is expected, and rearranged the regexp for better matching.

The special handling for Windows is not needed anymore?

I have the feeling this could be made simpler in general (not in this fix). E.g. instead of mapping, then unmapping, which causes the execution paths between non-product and product to be quite different, why not just reserve a "rogue" allocation in the middle of the soon-to-map region? Would that not be a more reliable and realistic test?

Cheers, Thomas