RFR: 8263771: Refactor javaClasses initialization code to isolate dumping code

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Thu Mar 18 07:06:52 UTC 2021

There is code in javaClasses that has a regular path and a CDS dump path. The latter is executed by the VMThread and can never throw exceptions, while the former can. If we refactor this we can simplify the exception management code.

Testing:
 - runtime/cds locally
 - tiers 1-3

Commit messages:
 - 8263771: Refactor javaClasses initialization code to isolate dumping code

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3066&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3066/head:pull/3066