RFR: 8263771: Refactor javaClasses initialization code to isolate dumping code [v2]

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Thu Mar 18 23:55:57 UTC 2021

> There is code in javaClasses that has a regular path and a CDS dump path. The latter is executed by the VMThread and can never throw exceptions, while the former can. If we refactor this we can simplify the exception management code.
>
> Testing:
>  - runtime/cds locally
>  - tiers 1-3

David Holmes has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Renamed assertion checking function as suggested by Ioi

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/3066/files/d467c8da..197d199b

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3066&range=01