RFR: 8263236: runtime/os/TestTracePageSizes.java fails on old kernels [v3]

Stefan Johansson sjohanss at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 6 10:18:51 UTC 2021

On Thu, 6 May 2021 10:10:23 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <shade at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Let me mull over this a bit. Maybe the saner way out would be checking the kernel version and bailing on older kernels.

That would be one approach, when I first started to think about supporting THP for the test I looked at a few different ways including `AnonHugePages` but the one that was most reliable was to check the flag. I would be totally ok with excluding the test for older kernels, not sure if we have a good way to figure this out or if we have to do some parsing.