RFR: 8262952: [macos_aarch64] os::commit_memory failure [v3]

Gerard Ziemski gziemski at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 12 14:45:42 UTC 2021

> On x86_64 macOS the following sequence works just fine:
>
> attempt_reserve_memory_at(executable=false)
> commit_memory(executable=true)
>
> however, on aarch64 macOS it fails.
>
> We fix the test itself to explicitly ask for executable memory when reserving it since it later commits it as executable.

Gerard Ziemski has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  use the existing executable flag to indicate whether we want to commit exec memory or not

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/3865/files/ad3467b4..63d33efc

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3865&range=02