RFR: 8267155: runtime/os/TestTracePageSizes times out [v4]

Thomas Stuefe stuefe at openjdk.java.net
Tue May 18 06:53:23 UTC 2021

On Tue, 18 May 2021 06:37:44 GMT, Aleksey Shipilev <shade at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Thomas Stuefe has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Update test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/os/TestTracePageSizes.java
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: Aleksey Shipilëv <shade at redhat.com>
>>  - Update test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/os/TestTracePageSizes.java
>>
>>    oops
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: Aleksey Shipilëv <shade at redhat.com>
>
> test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/os/TestTracePageSizes.java line 161:
>
>> 159:             debug = true;
>> 160:         } else {
>> 161:             debug = false;
>
> Let's keep the code shape with explicit initialization here? Also drop the init at the field declaration?

I did this to quickly turn on debug by changing the default value above. I could not figure out how to add command line parameters to the test on the jtreg command line and did not feel like modifying every single at-run. But I have no strong emotions, if you prefer I can reinstate the old behaviour.