RFR: 8267404: vmTestbase/vm/mlvm/anonloader/stress/oome/metaspace/Test.java failed with OutOfMemoryError [v3]

Jie Fu jiefu at openjdk.java.net
Mon May 24 08:05:06 UTC 2021

On Mon, 24 May 2021 07:44:57 GMT, Igor Ignatyev <iignatyev at openjdk.org> wrote:

> There is no urgency in restoring the test(given it was problem listed), so I’m fine w/ waiting for Thomas’ opinion.

Thanks for your understanding.

> meanwhile, I’ve verified that if we remove `Xmx`, the test passes on Oracle build of linux-aarch64 in the configuration it used to fail.

For Oracle build of linux-aarch64, it wouldn't fail without `-Xmx` before.
The failure was sighting due to extra `-Xmx` was added in the test, which tried to fix JDK-8267293 .
More background is here: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/4062#issuecomment-842495119
Thanks.