RFR: 8265753: Remove manual JavaThread transitions to blocked [v3]

Robbin Ehn rehn at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 26 18:35:33 UTC 2021

On Wed, 26 May 2021 15:18:43 GMT, Patricio Chilano Mateo <pchilanomate at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I need to run the InFlightMutexRelease constructor before I can run the ThreadBlockInVMPreprocess constructor.
>
> Just for consistency, shouldn't we just use ThreadBlockInVMPreprocess in mutex.cpp as we are using it in objectMonitor.cpp?

You mean revert your change of having the monitor as a parameter to ThreadBlockInVM?
And instead just place InFlightMutexRelease in mutex and directly use ThreadBlockInVMPreprocess as OM?
I don't mind mind either way, but I feel changing two of three locking implementation is enough in one change-set :)
So I can open an RFE if you want?