RFR: 8265753: Remove manual JavaThread transitions to blocked [v3]

Patricio Chilano Mateo pchilanomate at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 26 18:50:52 UTC 2021

On Wed, 26 May 2021 18:30:16 GMT, Robbin Ehn <rehn at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Just for consistency, shouldn't we just use ThreadBlockInVMPreprocess in mutex.cpp as we are using it in objectMonitor.cpp?
>
> You mean revert your change of having the monitor as a parameter to ThreadBlockInVM?
> And instead just place InFlightMutexRelease in mutex and directly use ThreadBlockInVMPreprocess as OM?
> I don't mind mind either way, but I feel changing two of three locking implementation is enough in one change-set :)
> So I can open an RFE if you want?

Right, so when we added the _in_flight_mutex_addr to TBIVM this was the only case where we would need to check a condition and execute some action, but now that we are doing it from objectMonitors and jvmtiRawMonitors too then it seems we should use it the same way here. Sure, we can do it in another RFE.