<i18n dev> <AWT Dev> Preedit string is still exist after focus change operation

Deven You youdwei at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Jun 30 23:20:32 PDT 2013

Hi Anthony and Naoto,

Thanks very much for your suggestions and help!

I have created a jtreg test[1] according to the example of
SpuriousExitEnter.java.

The more detail information about the test could still be inspected by [2].

Please review the updated webrev[1].

Thanks a lot!

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~youdwei/ojdk-687/webrev0.2/
[2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~youdwei/ojdk-687/IMF4/
On 05/15/2013 02:37 AM, Naoto Sato wrote:
> It does sound like a bug. Moved the web incidents into a JDK bug
> (8014558)
>
> Naoto
>
> On 5/14/13 5:30 AM, Anthony Petrov wrote:
>> Hi Deven,
>>
>> I'm copying i18n-dev@ because they manage the IM code.
>>
>> As to a test, jtreg supports manual tests. See [1] for a lot of tips
>> about using manual tests. An example of a manual test is at:
>>
>> jdk/test/java/awt/event/MouseEvent/SpuriousExitEnter/SpuriousExitEnter.java
>>

>> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/faq.html
>>
>> --
>> best regards,
>> Anthony
>>
>> On 05/09/2013 11:33 AM, Deven You wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I found there is a problem with our IMF(Input Methods Framework) when
>>> dealing with DBCS input like Chinese and Japanese on Windows 7 32bit
>>> env.
>>>
>>> The simple scenario is if your application has 2 windows and then:
>>>
>>> 1: focus on first window, change to microsoft pinyin input method
>>> Chinese mode.
>>> 2: Input some words, leave some words in preedit string not committed.
>>> 3: Move focus to the other window, change to English mode and input
>>> something
>>> 4: Move back to the first window. It is in English mode, but the
>>> preedit
>>> string is still there(this is the bug).
>>> 5: Delete the preedit string with backspace and press enter, it appears
>>> again.
>>>
>>> I have raised  a sunbug for this issue, the internal ID is: 9002399
>>>
>>> I have written a test case[1] to reproduce this problem on windows 7 32
>>> bit machine with latest OpenJDK 8.
>>> Since I am not clear how to run this test case as a jtreg, I just
>>> put it
>>> to cr.openjdk.java.net. There are several files within this test case:
>>>
>>> actual-step*.png                    Steps reproducing the bug. (can
>>> not )
>>> JTextAreaTest3.java                 The test case.
>>> Readme.txt                              Simple description