<i18n dev> RFR JDK-8013386: (tz) Support tzdata2013c

Xueming Shen xueming.shen at oracle.com
Thu May 9 23:30:04 PDT 2013

On 5/9/13 9:57 PM, Masayoshi Okutsu wrote:
> Do we still need to keep the old javazic code in JDK8? It's a
> maintenance burden to maintain both, isn't it?

While it's a burden, but somehow it serves as a test case pretty well.
The transitions are
being built the "old" jdk way and threeten way, if the transition does
not match, something
might be wrong. This time, it's in the "old" code, maybe next time it's
in the threeten. So
it might be still worth keeping a while, to remove in jdk9? Btw, the
Rule.java fix might need
go into the tzdb update tool as well, I believe the transitions for 2011
Palestine are wrong in
the updated tzdb updator.

> I'm concerned about the 24:00 fix. Is there any way to produce the
> correct rules without hard coding time zone IDs?

I don't know how to do it, yet. I definitely can have a RFE for it and
spend some time on
it later.

-Sherman