<i18n dev> [8]RFR: 8024332: sun/util/resources/en split between rt.jar and localedata.jar

Naoto Sato naoto.sato at oracle.com
Mon Sep 9 14:17:54 PDT 2013

Hi David,

With this change, rt.jar would contain all the supported English locales
in java.text and java.util packages (cf.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/javase7locales-334809.html#util-text),
whereas US English is the only supported locale at the moment w/o
localedata.jar.

As to the testing, if those compact profiles keep claiming to support
only en_US, there should not be any testing impact even for locale-based
testing.

Naoto