<i18n dev> [9] RFR: 8057646: ClassCircularityError running SQE test

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Sep 9 07:39:31 UTC 2014

On 09/09/2014 00:04, Naoto Sato wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review the fix for the following bug:

> The proposed changes are located at:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~naoto/8057646/webrev.0/

It's not clear to me that this is the right place to address this issue.
Clearly the changes to JRELocaleProviderAdapter to use ServiceLoader
have upset the ordering that things are initialized for this error case,
but it looks to me that it's always been very fragile. I think we need
stack back a bit and examine the stack trace to see where might be a
more appropriate place to address this, it may be that the security code
needs to be more tolerant of attempts at recursive initialization.

-Alan.