<i18n dev> [11] RFR: 8202088: Japanese new era implementation

Roger Riggs roger.riggs at oracle.com
Fri May 18 18:11:37 UTC 2018

Hi Naoto,

Is there a reference to the official description or anticipation of the
new Era?

JapaneseImperialCalendar: 134 NEWERA = 5;   (The real name can also be
defined later; but still might be more unique as ERA_MAY_1_2019.)

Syntax style:

  - TCKJapaneseChronology:692: align the  columns of decimal values.

  - TestJapaneseChronology:61-62: space before the '}' brackets
     :89: extra space before '}'  //  inconsistent within the file but
local consistency is good

TestUmmAlQuraChronology: there might be test dates that would not
require more changes later when the era name changes.

Regards, Roger