<i18n dev> JDK-8201429 - Support AIX Input Method Editor (IME) for AWT Input Method Framework (IMF)

Naoto Sato naoto.sato at oracle.com
Wed May 30 21:08:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I see that the change introduced the base abstraction class,
X11InputMethodBase. Back in the days I worked on it, X11InputMethod is
the base abstract class, and platform impls. have names representing
them, i.e, MInputMethod for Motif, and XInputMethod for XAWT. Now
X11InputMethod is a platform dependent implementation. It'd be a bit
clearer to use the different impl class names.

Naoto