<i18n dev> RFR: 8261279: sun/util/resources/cldr/TimeZoneNamesTest.java timed out

Joe Wang joehw at openjdk.java.net
Mon Feb 8 23:44:41 UTC 2021

On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 21:52:45 GMT, Lance Andersen <lancea at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this simple test case fix. By sampling locales to test, it reduces the possibility of the time out.
>
> Marked as reviewed by lancea (Reviewer).

The fix looks ok to me. Just an interesting note that this test took such a long time to run. Given the amount of locales, limit(30) would reduce the time to approximately 1/5 of the time, that would still be about 100,000ms according to the bug report. That feels pretty long for a single test case that, outside of the test environment, takes only 1s (my local test took 5s without limit(30)).

Also, there are a bunch of other tests that also run through all of the available locales, I wonder if they also take a long time to run.