<i18n dev> RFR: 8258805: Japanese characters not entered by mouse click on Windows 10

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jan 20 12:31:49 UTC 2021

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 13:18:22 GMT, Dmitry Markov <dmarkov at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > The fix commits the unconfirmed composition string. Committing is better than discarding. Is it possible to preserve the
> > state and to leave the string uncommitted?
>
> The fix reverts the previous (correct) behaviour back.

According to the bug description, it used to stay in uncommitted state.

> It is unnecessary to store the state and keep the string. That activity may be quite complicated and requires additional resources especially if there are several components with active IME

I definitely agree that committing the text is better behaviour than discarding uncommitted text.

I am for accepting these changes unless we can keep the text uncommitted and allow the user to work with text when the focus moves back to the text component.