<i18n dev> RFR: 8267110: Update java.util to use instanceof pattern variable [v3]

Patrick Concannon pconcannon at openjdk.java.net
Fri May 21 11:26:56 UTC 2021

> Hi,
>
> Could someone please review my code for updating the code in the `java.util` package to make use of the `instanceof` pattern variable?
>
> Kind regards,
> Patrick

Patrick Concannon has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains four additional commits since the last revision:

 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into JDK-8267110
 - 8267110: Reverted changes in java/util/Formatter as primitive to boxed types may have semantic/performance implications
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into JDK-8267110
 - 8267110: Update java.util to use instanceof pattern variable

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4088/files/cd99dc49..da615e7d

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4088&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4088&range=01-02

  Stats: 4905 lines in 201 files changed: 2421 ins; 2058 del; 426 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/4088/head:pull/4088