Java SE 8 (JSR 337) Public Review Specification: DRAFT

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Wed Oct 23 13:45:36 PDT 2013

The draft Public Review Specification is available here:

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/se/8/java-se-8-pr-spec-01/

The main specification page is little changed from the EDR version.
What's new in this draft are:

  - Annex 1, a detailed API specification-change summary,

  - Annex 2, an annotated API specification showing the exact
    differences relative to Java SE 7, and

  - Annex 3, which contains draft versions of The Java Language
    Specification and The Java Virtual Machine Specification.

The draft JLS and JVMS documents do not cover features defined in
Component JSR Specifications (i.e., Lambda Expressions (JSR 335)
and Annotations on Java Types (JSR 308)).  Changes made by those
Specifications will be incorporated into these documents in the
Proposed Final Draft.

I'd like to submit this to the JCP PMO for the formal Public Review
period next week.  Please let me know by 22:00 UTC next Wednesday,
30 October, of any changes you'd like me to make before I submit it,
or if you think that further discussion is required.

Thanks,
- Mark