Java SE 8 EDR Specification: DRAFT 2

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Wed Sep 4 15:05:15 PDT 2013

2013/9/2 20:25 -0700, aph at redhat.com:
> On 09/03/2013 11:19 AM, Steve Poole wrote:
>> I'm ok with this version going forward as
>> the formal  Early Draft Review.
>
> So am I.  This is a great improvement.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've sent the EDR specification off to the JCP PMO for publication.

For reference, the submitted version is available here:

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/se/8/java-se-8-edr-spec.html

The changes relative to the second draft are:

  - Added JSR 3 to the list of Maintenance Releases;

  - Made minor corrections to the descriptions of the Concurrency
    Updates and Certificate Revocation-Checking features; and

  - Clarified the constraints for Profiles to say that the smallest
    Profile must include all classes and interfaces required by the
    JLS.

- Mark