Java SE 8 (JSR 337) Final Release Specification, RI, and TCK: DRAFT

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 05:04:30 PST 2014

On 01/16/2014 09:35 PM, mark.reinhold at oracle.com wrote:
> I'd like to submit these materials to the JCP PMO for the Final
> Approval Ballot by the end of the month.  Please let me know by
> 22:00 UTC on Thursday, 30 January, of any changes you'd like me to
> make before I submit it, or if you think that further discussion
> is required.

There are some JCK failures in the draft RI.

compiler tests: all ok
devtools tests: all ok
runtime tests: 68928 passed, 68 failures, 0 errors

Failures:
api/org_ietf/jgss/GSSContext/* (14 total):
all caused by missing support for AES256, so I'd say it's expected

api/java_util/Base64/Decoder/* (20 total):
caused by missing methods in the package java.util.base64

api/signaturetest/sigtest.basic.html#basic[java] (1 total):
dtto caused by missing methods in the package java.util.base64

many (almost all) other failures:
+-infinity returned instead of NaN in Double/double computations

Andrew.