JSR 386 (Java SE 12) Specification -- DRAFT 31

Iris Clark iris.clark at oracle.com
Mon Feb 11 21:54:04 UTC 2019

Hi.

An updated draft of the Specification is available here:

    https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iris/se/12/spec/draft/java-se-12-draft-spec-31/

This draft includes the following changes:

    - Section 2, "Structure": Remove final paragraph which indicated that the
      release was under development and further changes may occur.

    - Annexes 1 and 2: Updates based on build 31

    - Annex 3: Add annotated JLS and JVMS PDFs

Under JCP 2.11, the next JCP milestone is Public Review Final Approval Ballot.
I anticipate submission to the PMO within the two weeks and publication at the
end of the month.  The Final Release is in March.  As usual with milestones,
we'll take a snapshot of the current specification, remove the changebars, and
submit it.  I don't expect any significant changes from what we have now.

Links to the JEP/CSR Dashboards, latest Specification, latest JavaDoc API and
diffs, and latest RI binaries may be found on this page:

    https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/12/spec/

As always, feedback on this and other work in progress is welcome.

Thanks,
Iris