RFR : 8222395 : Refactor the abstract classes of package and module index writer

Hannes Wallnöfer hannes.wallnoefer at oracle.com
Fri Apr 12 15:00:10 UTC 2019

Hi Priya,

It looks like the addOverviewHeader, addOverviewComment, addNavigationBarHeader, and addNavigationBarFooter method implementations are identical in both concrete subclasses, so they could be moved to the common superclass.

I also noticed that the modules field in ModuleIndexWriter is written to but never read. It was previously used in AstractModuleIndexWriter::buildModulePackagesIndexFile, but you removed that method.

Was that method a remnant of frames mode maybe? I don’t fully understand this, but maybe you know what to do about it.

Hannes