RFR: JDK-8222669: Create and use new html.Entity class

Hannes Wallnöfer hannes.wallnoefer at oracle.com
Thu Apr 18 12:51:29 UTC 2019

Hi Jon,

The webrev URL was missing in your RFR, but I found it at the expected location:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8222669/webrev.00/

Now this is quite a bit nicer than my „solution“ for RawHtml length calculation. Obviously, I still have a bit to learn in order to see potential for code cleanup and not assume things are the way they are supposed to be.

The only suggestion I have is that there are three almost identical pieces of code that escape a String to a StringBuilder. It would be nice to factor that out into a shared method somewhere.

Hannes