RFR: JDK-8241780 Allow \n@ inside inline tags.

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Wed Apr 22 23:47:44 UTC 2020

On 4/22/20 2:35 PM, Pavel Rappo wrote:
> 1. We should check that this change passes the tests yet leaves the OpenJDK API documentation unaffected. The documentation shouldn't change, nor do I expect it to do so.

Pavel,

Thank you for your suggestion.  It had an unexpected outcome! Yes, the
docs are different, for one file, which caused a minor initial panic,
until I realized the root cause.

I can't post screenshots here, so I'll point you at the existing
documentation, and leave you to imagine how it is now displayed...

https://download.java.net/java/early_access/jdk15/docs/api/jdk.jfr/jdk/jfr/consumer/EventStream.html#setReuse(boolean)

I think this case should be treated as a separate issue, as to why it is
not causing a more serious error when the docs are created.

-- Jon