java.sql2 indexed parameters

Lukas Eder lukas.eder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:55:29 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've noticed that parameters in the new java.sql2 API are all named
parameters, not indexed parameters as in java.sql. This can be seen in:

- ParameterizedOperation.set(String, ...) calls
- OutOperation.outParameter(String, ...)
- ParameterizedCountOperation.returning(String...)

I'm assuming this means named parameters will (finally) be supported
everywhere in the API. My questions:

1. Will indexed parameters be supported as well, e.g. to simplify migration?
2. Will named parameters be "backported" to the synchronous java.sql API

Thanks,
Lukas