java access bridge

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Sun Dec 16 01:27:50 UTC 2018

1) I am not sure if this should be discussed on these lists, since it
seems to be
about what binaries Oracle provides for JDK 11 .. which is a question
best directed to Oracle support.

2) Aside from that, accessbridge should be discussed on swing-dev. So this
is probably my one + only email to this list about it. Any reply to this
should go there.

3) SFAIK JAWS + NVDA are the screen readers that support access bridge
and they both have 64 bit versions

4) The protocol is unchanged, so I think a 32 bit JDK 8 originated dll
would work for communicating over
COM with Java Access Bridge in JDK 11

5) There was actually a JDK 11 bug that windowsaccessbridge.dll - the 64
bit version - was not being copied
into \windows\system32. I think that was fixed in the 11.01 release, but
is an issue in 11 GA.

6) I don't think it likely we'd want to ship a 32 bit DLL with the 64
bit JDK ... although I won't rule it out.

-phil.