weak vs phantom references

Michał Zegan webczat_200 at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Nov 3 08:58:10 UTC 2018

I am asking only for educational purposes.
Yes, i sort of remember that PhantomReferences were not cleared when
enqueued contrary to all other ones before, but now they are.
So if, as said, finalization didn't exist, then for me enqueuing a weak
reference seems the same as enqueuing a phantom one, because in both
cases they are cleared, and in both cases you cannot access their
referents. And such an object would probably also be eligible for
collection.