How do you run the TestNG tests that are in the JDK code?

Jaikiran Pai jai.forums2013 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:48:26 UTC 2019

I have been writing a patch to fix a specific reported issue in JDK. I'm
familiar with running tests with jtreg, but I see that there are some
TestNG based tests which I can't seem to run from the command line. I
read the testing documentation[1] and that too doesn't explain how to
run such tests. I have tried using "make test TEST=..." and even direct
"jtreg -jdk:....." and neither has worked. Examples of such TestNG tests
reside in
test/jdk/java/net/httpclient/whitebox/java.net.http/jdk/internal/net/http/.
I'm on the latest 4.2b14 version of jtreg. Any inputs on how to get
these running?

I don't yet have my IDE (IntelliJ) configured for running tests from
there, so that isn't an option right now (will be great if there's a doc
which explains how to set this up for the JDK project).

[1]
https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/raw-file/d9a157f6fd71/doc/testing.html

-Jaikiran